Friday, December 2, 2011

COEXIST (It is possible)

I went back and read some of my old blogs. It is quite interesting, to say the least. Perhaps I should be as Walt Whitman and write glowing reviews of my own work in some noted newspaper. Haven't had the time to blog as often as I'd like. I have spent the last three months in school studying Poetry and American Literature. Some interesting things have taken place in this country since the first "Thanksgiving". The students in my American Literature class are beautiful creatures. We each have our own uniqueness that in my opinion makes the world a better place. We are all shades of the rainbow. We are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Atheist, Agnostic, and Catholic. We are from all walks of life. We are rich, middle class, and poor. We range in age from 16-40. We all love each other and get along famously. What does this say about the world we live in? Going by what I see on the news everyday my classmates should be at war with one another. This class is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. We have all stood together as a democracy against our teacher and won what we wanted. We have openly discussed our differences, accepted and understood those differences and shook hands after the fact. Again I ask, what does this say about the world we live in? It says to me that in spite of all that we do not understand or condone about one another, there is still hope. Hope for peace and love in this crazy world. Sometimes I wish our class could be televised (unbeknownst to us of course) so that people the world over could see that there is no reason why we all can't just get along. NO REASON AT ALL!


Tempera Mental

No comments:

Post a Comment