Monday, January 2, 2012

NOT JUST ANOTHER NEW YEAR!

Today I have accepted the fact that God has offered me a new beginning. New beginnings are not something that come often. Just so we are clear I said God has offered me a new beginning, not a new year. A new year is just that. A new beginning is a new life! Today I am happier than I have ever been, simply because of my faith in God. I have been blessed with the opportunity to start with a new job, a new school (and major), a new city, a man who loves me, a new apartment, even a new gym membership! I didn't realize it until yesterday. I realized I am not afraid of change any more. I realized I deserve this! And so do many of you. It's okay to go away from what you are accustomed to or what you think is "cool". One thing I noticed when I went away on military duty was that when I returned, the same people were there doing the same things. There is nothing cool about that. The party will always be there, the haters will always be there, the same headaches will always be there unless you accept the opportunities that God is trying to give you. Accept the new beginning that God is offering you and stop worrying about the people you arent going to see, the money you may not make, the partying you may not be able to do because in the long run..all you have is you! No one is going to love you better than you, take care of you better than you, do more for you than you can do for yourself. It's always surprising to me the things that many of us just cant let go of. The only thing I won't change is my friends. Those who actually have been a friend to me, not the haters who are only my friend when necessary. But those who's shoulder I can and have cried on, those who have presented themselves as worthy of the title of friend. A friend doesn't hate on you, turn on you, get jealous of you, try and have power over you or laugh at you. A friend supports you. A friend doesn't get angry or envious when someone else wants your attention (i.e. a potential significant other). A friend doesn't hesitate when you need help. A friend uplifts you, supports you and let's you know when you are wrong. I am greatful to have a few, and I mean few of those. So, I'll say again for me this is a new beginning, not just a new year. And if you are considering this simply a New Year then you may want to reevaluate where you want to be in life and what is important to you. Make a plan for your future, like I did because we aren't going to be young forever. Have a new beginning not just a another new year.

Tempera Mental

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you decided to blog again. writing and the arts in itself are such an amazing outlet for people like us. As I logged on my computer I see you posted and I automatically smiled. I am happy to hear about the great new opportunity that has been presented to you. Life is always about timing, opportunities, faith, and of course the UNKNOWN. However, how beautiful is the unknown. Most will never know because they do not try. But the unknown brings before us STRENGTH. Something we know very well. As you embark on your new journey keep your eyes on God and focus on what your heart tells you to do. You are a beautiful person with amazing goals. Perhaps this has all been the perfect plan, the blessing in disguise. Now that the time is here, it's time you believe in yourself like never before. Challenge yourself this year to see how far you can maximize your talents when you practice confidence in yourself. I am willing to bet you will go far. One step at a time, but never forget where every foot has walked. Remember how beautiful you are, and you deserve EVERYTHING you dream of! And I mean EVERYTHING! Keep pushing and stepping out on faith. You will never be alone. God is right there with you. Praie Him through the good and the bad and see how far you go. If you ever need me where you may be, or whatever country I end up in dont hesitate to reach out to me. This is your time Shiloh! DREAM BIG! PUSH! The world is waiting on you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete