Tuesday, February 14, 2012

LOVE (Part II)

I awoke on this beautiful morning wondering if I really wanted to blog on this most special of days. Many who know me will tell you, I love to a fault. I am a true believer that love conquers all. There aren't many people in the world who understand what love truly is or even what love is about. Many of you are under the impression that love can be bought. Many of you use the term love about as loosely as saying hello. Are you someone who feels you know truly what love is? Do you truly understand the one whom you claim to love? Do you make an effort to understand things they have gone through (without judgement)? Do you comprise? Are you self less in your love for that person? Is your relationship one-sided because you're "Queen B", or "The Man"? Do you judge someone else's love as being ridiculous, because they do what is supposed to be done in the name of love? Perhaps you don't want to look weak in front of your boys, or perhaps you need to stop listening to nagging, jealous ass females who are pissed that you are the only woman they know with a good man. By good man I mean one that a woman doesn't have to take care of, one that doesn't have to be told what to do (i.e. opening the car door), one that understands when a woman needs money it's for necessities not the new Gucci bag, one that brings home flowers...just because. This of course works both ways, you need to be a good woman. By good woman I mean shut the fuck up! By good woman I mean cook something, clean the house, let him go out with his boys and have some fucking fun if he wants to! Rub his feet. Let him tell you he'd like a damn three-some, and be confident within yourself to say whether or not you are okay with that. Love him when he is down on his luck, let him know that he is still loved, needed, desired, and that you have got his back and that you are strong for the both of you! That is what I call being his woman. Having said that, I will say this, I have not read Steve Harvey's book Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man. I am embarrassed as a woman that a book like this HAD to be written. It's truly sad that many of you bitches had absolutely no clue until that book came along. It's so sad they are making a movie about it. I digress.

This is by far the hardest blog I have ever had to write. So many of you just don't know what love is. Love is about sharing. Love is about compromise. Love is about honesty, loyalty, commitment. When you fall down, get back up. I know it is easier said than done. I have been there, and for those of you who haven't I pray you never know what it feels like to have to pick yourself back up. If that love was real, there is nothing that can get you out of that hump for some time. When I blog, I blog from experience. I have been hit by a man, I have taken care of a man (and his family), I have been loyal to a fault, I have been the other woman (I'm ashamed to say). When moments in love like these arise, that is the time to remember how much you love yourself. You should always love yourself, but sometimes as human beings do, we forget. :o) Damn, I didn't want to go here on Valentine's Day, but I had to. To share with you all that in spite of all that I have been through, I now have true love. Do I mean it's easy? Of course not, but it's understanding, loving, compromising, honest, extraordinary, peaceful, friendly, loyal, and unconditional. And I deserve it. Realize what you deserve! If you have a good woman, hold on to her. If you have a good man, hold on to him. If you see someone that makes you want to cheat, realize that nothing will ever come of it but heartache and pain, for what a few moments in the sack? It's just not worth it. That's goes doubly for those of you who are married. Take yo ass home to that person, you inconsiderate bastard. LOL!

Tempera Mental


"Because the greatest love of all, is easy to achieve. Learning to love yourself, it is the greatest love of all" ~Whitney Houston (1963-2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment